The main research themes of Engineering division are:
- Structural analysis and design, seismic protection of historical constructions and existing civil enginering structures and infrastructures by means of continuous monitoring in operational conditions;
- Reengineering of roofs and façades of intensive residential condominium by means of self-supporting envelops for functional, ecosystemic and productive extension of the flats;
- Water resources protection and artificial reservoir management; utilization of sediments coming from dredging aimed at capacity recovery in the industrial, environmental and rural contexts.
- Acquisition by optical scanners of 3D shapes, reconstruction & Reverse Engineering, Analysis, simulation and optimization of deformable bodies assembly processes;
- Computational modeling of geomaterials and porous media applied to infrastructures (tunnels and dams) and environmental engineering (erosion, leakage of storage wells)
- Stress and strain response of soils, analysis and desing of geotechcnical systems subketed to gravity and seismic loading. Seismic zonation and liquefaction.
- GIS models for civil engineering applications and territorial planning. Use of open-source technologies and knowledge transfer.
- History of the architecture and Urban History
Earthquake engineering – Structural Health Monitoring – Housing – Upgrading – Nanosystems – Self ignition – Reservoir Rehabilitation – Sediment Utilization – Reverse Engineering – Compliant Assemblies – Computational Geomechanics – Tunnels & Dams – Soil Mechanics – Earthquake Geotechnical Engineering – GIS – Geomatic Engineering – History of Architecture – Urban History – Public Tenders – Urban Regeneration.